Sunday 24 May 2015

Vimeos, travel and shades of blue.

In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.


Amid the clamour of classes and class tests, of last minute submissions and checking charts to see if all artefacts have been handed in and attendance warrants that small bit of paper for Due Performance, I take some time out and breath deeply, everything is coming together sweetly, Thank you Allah.

I notice its been two weeks since I last posted, so much has happened. Classes are abuzz both on line and face to face and face to movie yay!! the movies are splendid but a grade has to be extracted that is fair on every group member. So we sit in a group, watch the short movie with self and peer evaluations, pens poised. We forget to mark sometimes the movies are so good and the footage - giving the Blair Witch project a bit of run.


Work continues in the Peace garden and Abu's group of Art students are exhibiting their work. I must say I am impressed by their still life sketches, especially the students who has never drawn or sketched before.

And then its midyear exams next week. But I am happy to say I will miss it what with our trip to Oslo  looming largely. Our group is really excited and I am happy to also visit my daughter and son in law in Abu Dhabi and meet with some friends.


exhibit at IPSA
What makes me really happy though is that we are moving finally!! A wonderful family are renting their beautiful house to us and our younger ones have both decided on their colour schemes - shades of blue. I am just so happy that our plants have a home and that the house has charm and character and the owners are warm people. I found a chart with the colours quite by chance of the exact shades that my young ones want in this blog: http://blog.kellywilliamsphotography.com. So my son loves the top shade and my daughter the second from below. Now just to convince them to leave the portion above the picture rail white!


Shades of blue


So ja, tomorrow last checks on portfolios and a final meeting with my travel companions and then we can start carting our plants. The house is still being painted and clean and a few things fixed, but I am patient. It may well be that the house is ready when I am gone and Abu and the children will move so that by the time I get back in June everything is ready. Or maybe not, what if we get the keys before then? I will certainly be happier, but patience Yasmine.

Then, I remember to make a list of what to pack I am so traveling lightly and wisely. In Oslo it is spring with 12 hours of sunshine and average temperature of 12 °C and rainy weather. But on the upside it is known to be the most picturesque time when the snow has melted and all the flowers are blooming. Then of course its into the heat in Abu Dhabi and back home to Cape Town, new house, warm food and lots of love.

This blog is short but I will be indeed be blogging from Oslo Insha'Allah.

Later

Plant food and travel.

Yasmine



No comments:

Post a Comment