Sunday 13 April 2014

13 April - Revised roti recipe, oops forgot the butter



In the name of Allah most gracious Most merciful.

13 April 2014

My cacti corner

 This morning I made the recipe for hot water roti,  and as I am mixing in the butter I realised that in the blog that I posted yesterday, A lentil, a lentil, a lentil, a stone,  I made a bit of a faux pax, I forgot to include the butter, silly me. So this is the revised version.

Hot water roti (fast tracked)

·         3 cups of cake flour

·         Level teaspoon of salt

·         1 ½ cups of boiling water.

·         70 gr soft butter

In a processor place the flour and salt and allow a dry spin of a few pulses to aerate the flour. Mix in the butter until the flour resembles mielie meal.

Then add all of the boiling water and mix until the dough starts to clump around the blade. Open and feel if it is soft, but not too sticky. Add a good sprinkling of flour.

Remove and place under plastic bag and wait for it to cool off a bit…

So I thought what the heck take some pics to go with it and I this is what transpired:
 

 

 

 


 
Don't forget to plant food that's organic and make food that's delicious!

Yasmine
 


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment