Friday 13 June 2014

Nisf Shabaan 13 June

In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful.

Though there are differing juristic opinion of this night, whether it has merit or not or whether the hadith quoted are weak, it is a special night for me and my family where ever we may find ourselves in the world.

As for the verse in the Qur'an, "We sent it down on a blessed night, for We are warning. In that night every affair is wisely decided. [44:2-3] " there is debate whether it be the middle night of Sha'baan or Lailatul Qadr. As for us we gather to praise Allah SWT on all esteemed nights and to recite the Qur'an and to take heed of Allah's warnings and commands. So ja, I thought a quick note and then recital of Surah Yaseen and duah inshaAllah.


Its so amazing every Ruwa when I look at the sky as we drive to masjid, the clouds look like thousands of Malaaikah race each other to the places of barakah. Tonight is no exception, just I am not on my way to masjid, I am sitting here looking out and contemplating this esteemed night, with a sore throat and chest.

I was about 31 years old when I did my first Salaatu Tazbih in a full congregation on a night like this at the Claremont Main Road masjid and it was wonderful Alhamdulilaah and a practice I instilled in myself, on Arafaat and I try hard to perform at least once a month. Sometimes I skip but then re align my intention.

So I look forward to Ramadhan in two weeks time and I make duah for us all. I do hope that Allah bestows blessings on the garden too so enough family and friends can come for spinach and soup greens and salads. A very good friends of ours is starting food garden projects at four mosques during Ramadhan and I hope I call on friends to come and dirty their hands inshaAllah - each one teach one.

Have a Mubarak evening and Ramadhan Kareem.

Plant food and contemplate the awe of your Lord.

Yasmine

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment