Saturday 27 December 2014

Whats more fun China or platinum?


In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.
 


20 years ago
 27 December 2014.

The wind is rather harsh today even the Wolverine makes a dash for the outside and back indoors - he does not like his fur ruffled. We are getting the knack of giving tablets to the Leo and cleaning his stitches. This morning he was so frustrated that he scratched out his entire litter box and rolled around in his stitches. So everything had to be sanitised. And seriously it works - put some national geographic or About a boy on the laptop and he is quiet as a mouse.

Early this morning we decided to finish all the watering early. I cooked another pot of green fig konfyt and left some on a board to air and glace/glaze. I am so excited thinking of our 20th anniversary, where did the time go? I checked that traditional gifts are China and modern gifts are platinum. I think the traditional gift theme is more exciting. So I thought how creative can I be for a gift for Abu. He needs an external hard drive, new laptop, nice cardigans. Hows about a hard drive with a sticker "Made in China"? Heck whatever one buys nowadays is made in China, so I wont have to look for a sticker, nudge, nudge, wink wink.


the red dress
I am dying for a bit of time without garden, cats, kids. So maybe a night out to a restaurant. I want to pull out all the stops because Abu thinks of really beautiful gifts for me. Once he took me to the Hiphop shop and for a beautiful red dress, with sandals and scarf to match and a bottle of my favourite perfume Au du Temp by Nina Ricci. The late afternoon he had me dress up, picked up a meal at Ari Sovlaki and off we drove to a picnic on the lawn in Seapoint on a Persain carpet. It was absolutely wonderbaar. He always buys me little unusual gifts such as Tibetan silver boxes and rose tinted pearls; a blooming wisteria and Pride of India bush.


canvas so he can paint cosmos
I am always buying him things and not moments. So I thought of an entire day of surprise just for him. A budget to go wild in an art shop. A little note tucked into a canvas to meet me at bookshop. Brunch on Greenmarket Square. A makeover for his bakkie. Ja I can actually plan a day. A trip to Diaz Beach memories of some twenty years ago. A potter's wheel experience for a day. No, no I remember I did surprise him once with a treetop abseiling adventure some 10 years or so ago.

Our anniversary is on 1st January. InshaAllah I will think of something its only four more days.

plant food and think of interesting gifts to buy for loved ones.

Yasmine
ps the pageviews have broken the 4000 barrier yay!!!



2 comments:

  1. Tooooooo cute for words aunty Yasmine ! You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says the woman who was a girl when we were in Makkah - you inspire me too. Any good ideas?

      Delete