Wednesday 30 July 2014

Welcome almost spring!

In the name of Allah, most gracious most merciful who knows everything in the land and the sea. No leaf falls without His knowing it.

First gooseberries

30 July 2014.

I don't have much time for blogging today but could just not resist sharing some of the photographs from the almost spring garden.

This is such a Mashallah day, the sun it out! Geckos are basking in the sun wagging their tails (just kidding), birds dart around gathering nectar and bees are zooming into the kitchen as I put some konfyts on the board for packaging. Hey I did not tell you of the "culture in a jar" post. Well friends of ours who are leaving for Egypt are sorting out their premises so staff can continue to have a job even in their absence with new look "Nadia's Desserts" and asked about those "culture in a jar konfyts" . Well it has become a label and more about that later, hmmm how about some sundried tomatoes and feta with springs of rosemary in olive oil and so on and so forth. Consider your first flush of green figs to preserve and make a lekker konfyt saving of course on buying jam and eating more wholesome - pick them when they are still hard, I'll do a step by step How to cook.

So I am outside this morning, armed with camera trying to capture some new developments and I am seething. "Dear Gopher, this place is big enough for the both of us, so don't make tunnels under my red onions and nasturtiums or I swear I will declare war and bring in kittens to chase you!" Ja, I was filling gopher tunnels this morning to stop roots being exposed and plants dying and realised just how much weeds have flourished as well. The strawberries are berrying and the onions grow mucho and guess what? a few blossom buds on the almond and blue berry tree and bush. Every time I peep into the crate the plants just seem so much more lush than yesterday. Seedlings are popping. And in between work, email communication of grave importance, I plant out and water.  But genoeg praat more action shots.

Almost almond blossom

black seedlings

Blueberry blossom

talking poppy heads

A walk on the wildside of flax

 

new lettuce seedlings

lush in the crate

fuchsia flowering soon 

rocket blossoms

sweet willaims

wild garlic blossom



Plant food and enjoy the sunshine today!!

Yasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment